Hi everybody! Happy Thursday!
The past two weeks have felt super hectic and busy for me. I feel like I run around from thing to thing all day and then fall into bed exhausted at night. I think most of the chaos is a combo of an extreme influx of classwork (we’re on the quarter system so I still have two months to go until I’m done for the summer!) as well as figuring out exactly how I want to spend said summer. Adding interviews and reaching out to potential (awesome) companies takes some time.
So, instead of talking so much about this outfit (although I do love me a good go-to outfit), I thought I’d share some of the things I’ve been doing to get through the week with a smile (most of the time).
- Adhere to a strict bedtime (she says as she blatantly surpasses said bedtime, writing this line). The days I get enough sleep not only do I get more done, but I’m also so much happier.
- Pack snacks. There’s nothing so distracting as being hungry when you’re just really trying to check things off your list. I’ve been all about bananas recently (in yogurt, in pancakes, with peanut butter, in cookies, alone…) but granola bars and small bags of nuts and dried fruit can live in my bag without repercussions so I reach for both when I need a bite.
- Block off time to workout. I’ve been really proud of myself for sticking to this one. I don’t do long workouts (I’m warmup-through-cooldown in 30 minutes) but it gets my heart pumping and helps me refocus on the rest of the day.
- Savor a few minutes of fun time. This can be in transit from one place to another if you can’t find a separate block of time, but give yourself permission to read a book, call a loved one, check your facebook, or whatever it is that feels luxurious. Again, it doesn’t have to be long, but a 20 minute conversation with a few laughs can totally turn my day around.
- Wake up early enough to actually get dressed. I couldn’t help it, I had to infuse a little bit about this outfit. It’s full of oldies but goodies for me, with the quick addition of these fun fringe-y espadrilles that are a perfect spring-to-summer shoe. Heck I’d even wear them in the fall. I believe in having in your wardrobe a pair of dark wash straight cut jeans that are (gasp!) not distressed, since they can be worn to so many types of events. Truly a versatile buy.
What are your tips for getting through these particularly hectic weeks? Help a girl out, would you? As always, thanks for stopping by!
Top: Tinley Road (very old, similar here and here), J. Crew cardigan (old, current style here)
Bottoms: Sinclair (similar here and here)
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bag: BP Brand
Accessories: J. Crew sunglasses (old), Songbird Collection bracelet, necklace, ring (all 20% off with code TAILOREDANDTRUE)
Photography: Kate Comee